Every year in December, artists, collectors, curators, celebrities and art lovers descend on glamorous Miami, Florida for a long weekend to appreciate art in all its forms. It’s Miami Art Week! With a focus on contemporary art, you’ll find a diverse array of artists, across a multidisciplinary array of mediums.
According to Miami Art Week’s website, the mission of this event is to “promote and support emerging and established artists,” as well as to generate enthusiasm and appreciation for the arts on a global scale.
There are exhibitions and activities all over the city, and if you’re a Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardmember, you’ll have access to exclusive perks, including the Sapphire Lounge on the beach at Loews Miami Beach Hotel.
In this article, we’ll share more about each of these special cardmember events and benefits so you don’t miss a thing!
Where is the Sapphire Lounge at Miami Art Week?
The Sapphire Lounge is located on the beach outside of Loews Miami Beach Hotel, a hotel known for its enviable beachfront views. The sprawling property is situated in the heart of South Beach's famed Art Deco District (featuring an incredibly large concentration of Art Deco buildings), and just a few blocks from the Miami Beach Convention Center.
How can I get into the Sapphire Lounge at Miami Art Week?
To access the Sapphire Day Lounge at Miami Art Week, simply show your Chase Sapphire Reserve® card.
Chase Sapphire Reserve and Preferred cardmembers can buy tickets to the nighttime performances at the Sapphire Lounge. Cardmembers can buy tickets on the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
Not a cardmember yet? Learn more about the benefits and apply here.
What’s included in the Sapphire Lounge at Miami Art Week
Inside the Sapphire Lounge, you’ll find an array of culinary experiences, live entertainment and of course — art! Here are some of the main events:
- Sapphire Day Lounge: December 8th – 9th from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Enjoy the “Living Room” of Miami Art Week! Take a load off in this relaxing space while admiring art installations and dining experiences throughout the day.
- Sapphire Night Party: December 8th – 9th from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. At night, watch the lounge transform into a nightclub with food, special cocktails and live musical performances.
Is there a culinary event?
Yes, start your weekend off with a kick-off party featuring an unforgettable culinary experience. Details include:
- Art Week Kick Off Party with The Infatuation, Contramar and Los Felix: December 7th from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Located at the Americana Lawn at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, let the culinary expertise of Miami’s Los Felix and Mexico City’s legendary Contramar help you immerse yourself in the inspired flavors of Miami Beach. Get your fill of ceviche, tostadas and tacos, followed by curated desserts, cocktails, and wine.
- Inside the Sapphire Lounge, food will be curated by The Infatuation with local Miami restaurant partners Krüs Kitchen and Los Felix.
- Reserve cardmembers are also invited to join us at The Infatuation’s Dining Concierge, where The Infatuation will help you book exclusive dinner reservations at six of our favorite Miami Beach restaurants. While you wait and cool off, there will be banana-based soft serve from Peel, and a manicure station powered by Chillhouse.
Sapphire Reserve cardmember benefits
- Earn a welcome bonus after you spend a minimum amount within the first three months of opening the card
- Receive the most flexible annual travel credit of up to $300 each year on the anniversary of your account opening
- Earn 10x points on Chase Dining purchases with Ultimate Rewards
- Earn 10x points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase through Chase Travel after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually
- Earn 5x total points on flights when you purchase through Chase Travel after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually
- Earn 3x points on dining at restaurants, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out
- Earn 3x points on other travel not purchased through Chase after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually
Visitors to Miami Art Week can explore an entire city brimming with every kind of art you can imagine, including exhibitions at over 20 international art fairs and more than 1,200 galleries. Discover both established and emerging artists who are sure to inspire.
If you’re a Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardmember, you can make the most of your experience in Miami by accessing exclusive events inside the much-anticipated Sapphire Lounge at Loews Miami Beach Hotel. If you want to maximize your rewards even more, be sure to book your trip through the Chase Travel Portal.