If you’re planning a trip to Miami for one of the most prestigious and internationally renowned art fairs in the world, Miami Art Week, you’ll want to score a great hotel room right in the heart of it all.
There are multiple hotel properties in and around the festivities that participate in Marriott Bonvoy. We’ll outline several of them below.
Hotels near Miami Beach Convention Center
The Miami Beach Convention Center serves as the primary location for Miami Art Week and exhibits here serve as the centerpiece of the entire week. Art lovers may want to check out the following hotels nearby this venue:
- Courtyard by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach - Enjoy being right in the center of the South Beach Art Deco district of Miami Beach. You can walk to the beach or take a dip in the rooftop pool.
- W South Beach - Located less than a 15-minute walk from the center of Miami Beach, the W is known for its stylish design, upscale amenities and beachfront location.
Hotels in Mid-Beach
Mid-Beach is home to many upscale “MiMo” (Miami Modern) hotels. It also includes the famed Faena District, which will be hosting various exhibitions during the weekend. If this sounds like the place for you, here are a few hotel options to consider:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Beach South Beach - This extended-stay hotel is a short walk from almost anything you would need and features apartment-style suites if you plan to stay the whole week.
- AC Hotel by Marriott Miami Beach - A modern and stylish hotel, also located near the beach and just a short drive or walk from the Convention Center. In between visits to the art exhibits, you can head to the Miami Beach Boardwalk or nearby boutique shops.
- The Miami Beach EDITION - A boutique hotel with modern rooms and luxury amenities including entertainment and dining.
Hotels in downtown Miami:
Downtown Miami is located on the mainland, about 15-20 minutes from the beach. It boasts a gorgeous city skyline and plenty of nightlife.
- JW Marriott Marquis - Located in the world-renowned Miami Design District, you’ll love the active amenities in this hotel including indoor golf school, a basketball court and a full-service spa.
- Hotel Beaux Arts, Autograph Collection - Enjoy the Beaux Arts design theme throughout this hotel while being within minutes of the city’s top arts and culture attractions.
Hotels near South Beach
Though South Beach is often known for its glamorous parties, it also features some of the most inspiring art deco architecture, fine dining and world-class shopping. If “SoBe” sounds like your scene, take a look at these hotels:
- Miami Beach Marriott Stanton South Beach - For those looking to enjoy the beach as well as the art, this resort hotel located on world-famous Ocean Drive, offers beachfront access. In addition, you’ll find it’s located just a short distance from all the Art Week festivities.
- Moxy Miami South Beach - This colorful hotel fits right into the vibrant sights and sounds of South Beach. Enjoy inspiring and stylish rooms as well as a rooftop pool.
Places to visit in Miami for art lovers
Miami is a vibrant city with a thriving art scene outside of the annual Miami Art Week. There are a variety of places that art enthusiasts will enjoy exploring anytime of the year. Here are some notable places to add to your list to visit:
- Wynwood Walls: This outdoor street art gallery is located in the Wynwood Arts District and features colorful and dynamic murals created by artists from around the world. Wynwood Walls is a must-visit destination for those interested in contemporary street art.
- Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM): PAMM is a modern and contemporary art museum located in downtown Miami. It features an impressive collection of international art, and hosts rotating exhibitions that showcase a diverse range of artistic styles and mediums.
- Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami (ICA Miami): This museum is dedicated to elevating contemporary art and is known for its innovative and thought-providing exhibitions. It often features works by both emerging and established artists.
- The Bass: Situated in Miami Beach, The Bass is a contemporary art museum that aims to share a wide range of perspectives, representing the many diverse cultures within the city. This museum offers a mix of international contemporary art exhibitions as well as pieces from its permanent collection.
- Design District: This neighborhood is home to a mix of high-end fashion boutiques, galleries and public art installations. It’s a great place to explore modern design and contemporary art.
- Art Deco Historic District: A treasure trove of 1930s and 1940s architecture and design, this district offers a unique blend of art, architecture and history. You’re sure to find hidden gems as you walk the streets.
- Little Haiti Cultural Complex: Located in the Little Haiti neighborhood, this complex features galleries, performance spaces and events that celebrate Haitian culture and art.
Maximize your travel and dining with a Marriott Bonvoy® credit card
If you want to maximize the dollars you spend on your trip to Miami, you may want to consider a Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card from Chase. With the Boundless card, you’ll receive a Free Night Award every card anniversary (valued up to 35,000) that you can use to extend your trip.
In addition, you could earn up to 6x points per $1 spent when you stay at over 7,000 hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy. Plus, earn points on every dollar you spend on dining, art and fun while you’re in Miami, or any city you visit!
Which Marriott Bonvoy credit card is right for you?