How to transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards® points
If you’re an avid traveler and looking to reap some rewards from all your travel expenses, Chase Ultimate Rewards may be a helpful way to do so. Chase Ultimate Rewards is the rewards program for Chase credit cards in which you earn points and redeem them for travel purchases, dining and more.
Understanding how Chase Ultimate Rewards points work
Chase has partnered with 14 leading hotel and airline loyalty programs to enable direct transfer of Ultimate Rewards points at a 1:1 ratio. Your points can be transferred in increments of 1,000 points. When you transfer your points to a travel partner prior to redeeming, you can make the most of your purchases. Keep in mind, point transfers are final and can take up to 1 week to process.
In this article, we’ll explore:
- How to transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points
- Why you should transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points
- If you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to somebody else
How to transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points
Now that you've earned points with your Chase credit card, it's time to transfer them. Let’s go through the steps below.
1. Log in to your account and enter the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal
Use your secure login/password to access the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal. You may do this either on your mobile smartphone or computer. Once you’ve logged in, you’ll be able to view your points and dashboard with points summary.
2. Within the portal, access the “Transfer to Travel Partners” section
Now that you’re in the portal, navigate to the “Transfer to Travel Partners” section. You can find this located at the top of the dashboard.
3. Choose your transfer partner
Now it’s time to select the partner you want. Travel partners associated with this program include the following airlines and hotels.
- AerClub, loyalty program of Aer Lingus
- British Airways Executive Club
- Emirates Skywards®
- Air France KLM Flying Blue
- Iberia Plus
- JetBlue TrueBlue
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards®
- United MileagePlus®
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- Air Canada Aeroplan
- IHG® Rewards Club
- Marriott Bonvoy™
- World of Hyatt®
4. Transfer your Chase Ultimate Rewards points
If you’re redeeming your points for an award ticket/stay, make sure the award is available by calling the airline or hotel and find out how many miles/points you will need to transfer. Next, follow the below steps:
- Log into Ultimate Rewards and click the circle next to your points balance at the top of the page. Then choose "Transfer to Travel Partners."
- Choose the frequent partner program to which you want to transfer points.
- Enter the amount of points you want to transfer in increments of 1,000. Once you’ve chosen your travel partner, you’ll be asked to provide the name of the primary account user and the loyalty account number.
Note: If you don’t have an account set up with the partner you choose, you may be prompted to create an account prior to transferring your points.
5. Confirm the transfer
Next, you’ll need confirm your transfer and visit your chosen partner’s website to book travel. To do this, complete the form and hit confirm/submit. Keep in mind: The name on your Chase account needs to match the name on the account you are transferring to. Even minor variations could result in transfer failure. For help changing your name on file, contact the partner loyalty program directly.
Can you transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to somebody else?
Yes. There are two ways this may happen. One is by transferring Ultimate Rewards points from one Ultimate Rewards account to a partner program with another person as the recipient (an external transfer). To do this, the recipient must be a household member who is listed as an authorized user on your Chase credit card. You can transfer points in increments of 1,000, similar to transferring travel points.
Another way this could happen is by transferring Ultimate Rewards points from one Ultimate Rewards account holder to another Ultimate Rewards account holder (an internal transfer).
Why you should transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points
Chase Ultimate Rewards points may provide added value for your travels, depending on the card you use. In some cases, the value per point is higher than if you redeemed them within the portal. For example, points earned on the following Chase cards can be redeemed for travel at the values specified below:
- Freedom®: $1.00 per 100 points
- Sapphire Preferred®: $1.25 per 100 points
- Sapphire Reserve®: $1.50 per 100 points
- Ink®: Most Ink cards get $1.00 for 100 points
- Ink Business Preferred®: $1.25 per 100 points.
Each Chase card eligible for point transfer comes with its own benefits, so be sure to check your card’s terms and conditions to get the most out of your purchases.
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, using your Chase cards to maximize your points can help you get deals on future bookings. Savvy cardmembers who take advantage of the Chase Ultimate Rewards program may then redeem those points for travel, dining, shopping and more—all at the maximum value per point.