When it comes to transferable points currencies, the Chase Ultimate Rewards® program offers high value and flexible redemption options. Using designated Chase credit cards for daily purchases can earn you rewards like cash back to spend on hotels, airfare, merchandise and more.
How do I earn Chase rewards points?
You can also earn cash back rewards points with other Chase credit cards and travel cards that you can apply for online, but starting with one of the top two Chase credit cards listed above can help you maximize your points earning potential.
How can I redeem my Chase Ultimate Rewards?
There are multiple ways to redeem your Chase Ultimate Rewards points. Cash back is a redemption option, but some products have redemption options that are more popular than cash back. Travel expenses are also up there, but there are other options if you don't travel or would simply prefer to turn those points into usable cash for other expenses.
- Apply them to your bill: Ultimate rewards points can be used as a statement credit applied to your monthly balance. They convert at the rate of one cent per point.
- Pay Yourself Back® program: This was introduced during the COVID-19 lockdown of 2020 and is available for Freedom, Sapphire and Ink cards. You can choose to receive a statement credit on one or more of your eligible purchases.
- Redeem them for a gift card: The standard conversion rate is the same as statement credits, but Chase regularly offers gift cards for discounted prices.
- Pay for merchandise: Point values vary depending on which card you have and which redemption option you choose. They're generally lower than what you can get for statement credits or gift cards, but only for Amazon and Paypal. Rewards points can be used to pay for all or part of your purchases. They can help you get all of the latest products on Amazon or Apple merchandise, including a full offering of the Apple® Ultimate Rewards store.
- Book travel through the Chase portal: This is where Ultimate Rewards points are most valuable. You can book hotels, airfare and vacations at 1.5 cents per point with Sapphire Reserve. Sapphire Preferred is 1.25 cents per point. There's additional earn when booking through Chase Ultimate Rewards on select products.
- Transfer to airline and hotel partners: Chase has a partner network that includes multiple airlines and hotel chains. You can transfer points at a rate of 1:1.
- Book Chase Experiences and Chase Dining: This is a program that offers experiences such as dining and sporting events. Redeem your points for exclusive events curated around your passion with select cards. Your points can also be redeemed for takeout, reservations or exclusive culinary experiences.
The best ways to use your Chase points
If you're looking for affordable flights, nights at luxury hotels or all-inclusive vacation packages for yourself and the family, Chase Ultimate Rewards is the program for you. It's easy to use and you'll earn as you spend. But keep in mind, there are options other than travel to suit all customers.
To make sure you get maximum value for your Chase points, utilize our partner network. Some of the bigger names on that list include Southwest Airlines, Marriott, United Airlines and Hyatt Hotels. If you're looking to cash out your points, check into Chase's Pay Yourself Back® program. The conversion rate varies based on the card. If you redeem for cash back, you can use the money to travel, shop, dine out or give it to charity.