Online Account Enrollment and Payment | Chase Auto | Chase
Online Account Enrollment and Payment
How do I sign up to manage my auto account online?
- To sign up for online account access on chase.com or the mobile app, you’ll first need your auto account number.
- You can find the number at the top of your statement.
- You’ll also need your Social Security or tax ID number.
- Select the link below or on chase.com select “Sign up now” to enter this information.
How do I get the mobile app?
You can download the app through the Apple App Store or Google Play, or by texting “mobile” to 24273.
For more information about Mobile account management visit chase.com/digital/mobile-banking. Chase Mobile® app is available for select mobile devices. Enroll in Chase OnlineSM and download the Chase Mobile® app. There is no charge from Chase, but message and data rates may apply.
How can I change the payment due date on my loan? On my lease?
Note: You can only change your due date two times during the life of the loan and only one time during a lease. Additional restrictions apply.
To request a due date change on a loan:
- Sign in and click on your auto account and open the “Things you can do” menu.
- Select “Update settings and preferences” and the “Payment due date” and follow the directions on the screen.
To request a due date change on a lease:
- Call us at 1-800-227-5151
How can I make a payment online?
- Sign in and click on your auto account and select “Pay loan.”
- Choose your “Pay from account,” “Payment date” and your “Payment amount.”
- You can pay the amount due, another amount or principal only.
- If you want to pay more than your amount due and want the extra applied to only reduce your principal balance, select “Amount due” and specify the additional amount in the principal only box.
- Select “Pay this bill” when you’ve finalized your amounts on the next screen, review the details and select “Pay it” to submit the payment.
There are several ways to pay your auto account.
How can I set up automatic payments online?
- To set up “Automatic payments,” sign in and click on your auto account and select “Pay loan.”
- Choose “Automatic payments setup” under your account name. Go to the next screen and follow the directions to select your "Pay from” account, the day of the month you want the payment to occur, and the payment amount, then click “Next.”
- Review the details and click “Set up” to complete the process.
How do I add a non-Chase checking account to make my payments online?
- To add an external account, sign in and click on “Pay & transfer” or “Pay bills.”
- On the next screen, select “Add external account” or “Add pay-from account” from the right side of the screen.
- Follow the directions to add the account, including the verification method.
Note: You can use the account you’ve added right away and before the verification process is complete if you want to make a payment the same day that you add the account.
How can I see if my payment has been applied to my account?
- To see if a payment has been applied to your account, sign in to chase.com and select your auto account to review your transaction history, which will appear under the account summary information.
- Payments will appear in the transaction history once they are applied to your account.
Can I cancel a payment that was previously scheduled online?
You can cancel a payment you have scheduled online as long as the payment is not already in a "Sent" or "Complete" status.
To cancel a one time payment you scheduled online:
- Sign in to chase.com
- Select "Pay & Transfer" and from the drop-down select "Payment activity."
- Click on "Auto loans/leases" under MY CHASE PAYMENTS (PENDING/PAST).
- Click "Cancel" on the payment you want to cancel and confirm that you want to cancel on the next screen.
To cancel an automatic payment you scheduled online:
- Sign in to chase.com
- Select "Pay & Transfer."
- Click on "Automatic payments" under MY CHASE PAYMENTS (PENDING/PAST).
- Select your Auto account from the drop-down menu under "See automatic payments."
- Select "Turn off" on the next screen and confirm that you want to turn off on the next screen.
Note: The cutoff time to cancel a payment to a loan or lease account is:
- 11:00 p.m. Eastern time on any business day for payments from a Chase checking or prepaid account
- 8:00 p.m. Eastern time on any business day for payments from a non-Chase checking account
How can I change my username or password?
What alerts are available for my account?
We regularly add new functionality so the best way to see what Alerts your account is eligible for is to:
- Sign in and select the "Profile & settings" icon at the top of the page.
- From the drop down menu select "Alerts."
- From the left-hand menu click "Choose alerts."
- From the account drop-down menu select your auto account.
- Select the alert grouping you would like to explore.
- Choose the alerts and method of delivery you would like.
- Make sure to select "Save changes" when finished.
How do I manage my paperless preferences?
To manage your paperless preferences, sign in and click on “Profile & Settings” in the upper left navigation on chase.com. Then select “Paperless.” From here you can turn paperless statements on or off.