If you’re a traveler who has an affinity for exclusive properties, the World of Hyatt credit card may just be the card for you. For Hyatt loyalists, the annual free night award at any category one through category four Hyatt hotel or resort, plus automatic elite status, are just some of its many perks. And with more than 1,000 hotels and all-inclusive properties across the globe, The World of Hyatt credit card is here to elevate your travel experience.
Benefits and perks of the World of Hyatt credit card
The World of Hyatt credit card offers a wide range of benefits, from accelerated earnings to tier-specific perks and more.
New cardmember bonus
You can qualify for new cardmember Bonus Points when you meet the card’s initial spending requirements. Visit the World of Hyatt credit card site for the latest information. To be approved for the card, you must not hold any other Hyatt credit cards. Similarly, you can’t be a former Hyatt cardmember who has received a bonus within the last 24 months.
Annual free night bonus
Another exciting benefit offered by the World of Hyatt credit card is the annual free night award. Every anniversary of you becoming a cardmember, you’ll receive one free night at any category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort, which is issued after your anniversary and is valid for 12 months. You’ll also earn a second free night after spending $15,000 in a calendar year.
Discoverist elite status
The World of Hyatt features three levels of elite status, each with a unique set of perks: Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist. Right off the bat, you’ll receive World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as you have your account open. Discoverist status comes with benefits like late checkout, preferred rooms and 10 percent Bonus Points on eligible purchases.
In addition to automatic Discoverist status, you’ll receive five qualifying-night credits towards your next tier status every year. Lastly, you can earn two additional qualifying-night credits every time you spend $5,000 on your card.
Worth noting, you can reach Explorist and Globalist status, earning even greater benefits, the more you use your card.
The World of Hyatt credit card also comes with several travel and purchase protections, including:
- Baggage Delay Insurance
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement
- Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance
- Purchase Protection
How to earn and redeem World of Hyatt Bonus Points
To get the most out of your credit card, you’ll want to accumulate more Bonus Points with strategic spending to earn points quickly, on top of your day-to-day purchases.
- Up to 9 total points per $1 for Hyatt stays and experiences
- Four Bonus Points per dollar spent with your card at Hyatt hotels, including participating restaurants and spas.
- Plus, five base points per dollar you can earn from Hyatt as a part of your Hyatt membership.
- ·Two points for getting around
- Two Bonus Points per dollar spent on local transit and commuting, including taxi cabs, mass transit, tolls and ride-share services.
- Two points for dining out
- Two Bonus Points per dollar at restaurants, cafes and coffee shops.
- · Two points for taking off
- Two Bonus Points per dollar spent on airline tickets purchased directly from the airline.
- Two points for staying healthy
- Two Bonus Points per dollar spent on fitness club and gym memberships.
- One point for wherever else life takes you
- One Bonus Point per dollar spent on all other card purchases.
The four points earned per dollar spent when you use the card at Hyatt properties alone adds up quickly, especially while earning additional points per dollar spent as a World of Hyatt loyalty program member. In addition, there’s no limit to the number of Bonus Points you can earn, and points don’t expire as long as your World of Hyatt credit card remains open.
Clearly, the World of Hyatt credit card offers a bounty of benefits to help cardmembers earn Bonus Points, free nights and elite status — while enjoying all the amenities that come with Hyatt. So, if you’re interested in signing up for a new travel credit card and have an affinity for an elite hotel experience, the World of Hyatt credit card may be a good fit for you.