Global Entry can enhance travel to the United States and several other countries by streamlining customs screenings. International flyers who frequently enter the United States may stand to benefit most from this Trusted Traveler Program (TTP). However, Global Entry also has benefits at select marine border crossings.
Many consider reimbursement for Global Entry a highly-prized benefit of certain travel credit cards. Let's review this opportunity to save time and money on travel in more detail.
Does Chase pay for Global Entry?
Several Chase credit cards offer a travel benefit that can reimburse the fee to apply for Global Entry. TSA PreCheck® and NEXUS fees are also eligible for reimbursement. To be eligible, you'll still have to complete the Global Entry application process, then pay the nonrefundable fee with an eligible card, such as Chase Sapphire Reserve®. Soon after that, a statement credit up to $100 may be issued to your card.
Which Chase card gives complimentary Global Entry?
Several Chase travel credit cards offer a statement credit up to $100 every four years for select TTPs, include Global Entry. To be eligible, you have to pay the program's application fee with a card that has the fee credit benefit, and you can't have already used the benefit to pay for another TTP's application fee. The following travel credit cards offer this benefit, as well as many other perks and rewards. These cards also have an annual fee.
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
The Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card has several benefits that can make it a great choice of credit card for travelers, including:
- $300 travel credit: A $300 travel credit can be used to reimburse travel-related purchases, which can include airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem points for travel: When redeeming your points through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, you can get 50% more value in rewards on your travel-related spending for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and cruises. For example, you get 1.5 points per dollar instead of 1 point per dollar.
- 3x points on dining and travel: Dining includes take-out and delivery orders, not just the dining you do at a restaurant.
- 10x points on hotels and car rentals, and 5x points on flights: You can earn points at these rates when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually.
Chase Aeroplan® Card
The Aeroplan Card has several benefits to help you enjoy premium travel:
- Earn flight rewards faster with 3X points at grocery stores, on dining including eligible delivery services, and directly with Air Canada®. 1x points for each dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Fly to over 1,300 destinations worldwide with Air Canada and 45+ partner airlines, more than any other program. Flight rewards start at just 6,000 points within North America.
- Automatic Aeroplan 25K Status for the rest of this year and the next, including Priority Airport Services and more.
- Complimentary first checked bags for up to 9 people traveling on the same reservation on Air Canada flights. View the full list of cardmember benefits here.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card
One key feature of this travel card may be the benefits cardmembers can receive for Southwest Airlines® flights and purchases. The rates you can earn rewards with this card are worth noting, too:
- 4x points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines purchases.
- 3x points per $1 spent on Rapid Rewards® hotel and car rental partner purchases.
- 2x points per $1 spent on social media and search engine advertising, and internet, cable and phone services.
- 2x points per $1 spent on local transit and commuting, including rideshare services.
Check out all of the cardmember benefits here.
UnitedSM credit cards
- United Explorer℠ Card features include:
- 2x miles on United purchases, dining, and hotel stays
- 2 United Club one-time passes each year
- Free first checked bag (terms apply) and priority boarding
- United Club℠ Infinite Card features include:
- United Club membership
- 4x miles on United purchases, plus 2x miles on all other travel and dining
- Free first and second checked bags (terms apply) and Premier Access®
- United Quest℠ Card features include:
- $125 annual United purchase credit
- 3x miles on United purchases, plus 2x miles on all other travel and dining
- Free first and second checked bags (terms apply) and priority boarding
Is Global Entry free with Chase Sapphire Preferred®?
There are several travel benefits and rewards that Chase Sapphire Preferred cardmembers can enjoy. Unlike the cards above, Sapphire Preferred benefits don't include reimbursement for the Global Entry application fee.
Is Global Entry worth it?
Global Entry members typically enjoy a smoother customs screening process when arriving in the United States. Designated lanes for program members can reduce wait times, and immigration paperwork can be skipped. With a credit card that reimburses the Global Entry application fee, such as Chase Sapphire Reserve, the program may be more worthwhile depending on how you travel.