The Chase Sapphire Reserve® credit card is the type of card you can use for almost anything, from everyday purchases to your next exclusive getaway. In this article, we'll walk you through one of the card's many benefits: complimentary airport lounge access.
Lounge access with Chase Sapphire Reserve
As a cardmember, you'll receive complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership after enrolling and completing a one-time activation. Membership gives you access to over 1,300 lounges in more than 500 cities worldwide.
Primary cardmembers and authorized users are allowed a maximum of 2 guests. For any additional guests, your card will be charged a fee per guest, per visit. Your card will be charged after your visits in the participating lounge have been reported to Priority Pass.
How to access airport lounges
All that's needed to access a lounge is a valid Priority Pass Select membership card. Most lounges now accept a digital membership card you can store on your smart phone. Unfortunately, a lounge that reaches capacity may deny access.
If you're a Chase Sapphire Reserve account holder, your account must be open and not in default to maintain a valid Priority Pass Select membership. The membership also includes access to restaurants, cafes and markets participating in the Priority Pass Select network.
Other cards that offer airport lounge access
- Airline credit cards: Some airlines have their own lounges at airports across the globe, and those airlines' credit cards may offer cardmembers some type of lounge access. Airline credit cards also offer benefits for customer loyalty to that specific airline, such as bonus points for purchases made through the airline.
- General travel credit cards: The Chase Sapphire Reserve is a general travel card in the sense that it's not co-branded with an airline or hotel chain. Cardmembers can get Priority Pass Select membership and access over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide. Other general travel cards may offer a similar benefit.
More about Chase Sapphire Reserve
The Chase Sapphire Reserve is loaded with benefits that make the card worthwhile.
- Statement credits: You'll receive up to $300 in statement credits as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary. This credit may be used to cover airfare, hotels and other eligible purchases in travel. You'll also receive a statement credit of up to $100 every four years as a reimbursement for the Global Entry, TSA PreCheck® or NEXUS application fee.
- Rewards: Sapphire Reserve rewards include 3x points on dining and, after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases each year, 3x points on travel, 5x points on air travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, and 10x points on hotels and car rentals purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- Travel and purchase coverage: Having a credit card in your wallet that comes with travel protections is one way to feel more secure when traveling. This can be particularly helpful when your luggage is lost, a flight is delayed or your rental car is damaged. Some travel protection benefits that come with your Chase Sapphire Reserve card include Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance and Lost Luggage Reimbursement.
Priority Pass Select membership is an enticing perk of the Chase Sapphire Reserve card. Lounge access at airports around the world is simple once you take a few quick steps to enroll. Given the many rewards you can earn, and the premium travel perks and credits it provides, the card's annual fee is well worth it. From earning points on dining to exclusive airport lounge access, Chase Sapphire Reserve offers plenty to help you enhance your adventures.