Many travelers enjoy TSA PreCheck® and its benefits every day. The program can make airport security screenings faster and more convenient. First off, TSA Precheck members can access designated lines that tend to be shorter than normal security lines. Then, members don't have to remove shoes, belts or light jackets for the screening. Larger electronics and 3-1-1 liquids can also stay in cases or carry-on bags.
Can I use my Chase credit card to get reimbursed for TSA PreCheck??
Some travel credit cards from Chase offer a credit as reimbursement for travel program application fees, including TSA PreCheck. These cards have annual fees, and many are airline credit cards, which tend to have certain benefits for travelers who spend and fly with a specific airline.
All of the cards below come with many exciting benefits, perks and rewards programs that can suit many types of travelers. We'll review some of those benefits and rewards. But first, we'll explain the TSA PreCheck statement credit, which is offered in the form of a reimbursement for the application fees associated with certain trusted travel programs.
How do I get reimbursed for TSA PreCheck with my credit card?
If you have one of the cards below, you aren't automatically enrolled in TSA PreCheck. To be eligible for the statement credit, you have to apply for TSA PreCheck and pay the application fee with your card. The statement credit will be posted to your account after the TSA PreCheck application fee is charged.
If you are a cardmember of an eligible credit card, you can receive one statement credit of up to $100 every four years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card. TSA PreCheck membership lasts five years. If you're interested in renewing your membership, you may need to apply for renewal before your membership expires.
Chase Sapphire Reserve®
The Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card has several benefits that can make it a great choice of credit card for travelers, including:
- 10x points on hotels and car rentals, and 5x points on flights: You can earn points at these rates when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually.
- 3x points on travel and dining.
- $300 travel credit: A $300 travel credit can be used to reimburse travel-related purchases, which can include airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and more.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem points for travel: When redeeming your points through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, you can get 50% more value in rewards on your travel-related spending for airfare, hotel stays, car rentals and cruises.
Chase Aeroplan® Card
The Aeroplan Card has several benefits to help you enjoy your travel experience:
- 3x points for each dollar spent at grocery stores.
- 3x points for each dollar spent on dining at restaurants including takeout and eligible delivery services.
- 3x points for each dollar spent on purchases made directly with Air Canada.
- 1x points for each dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Choose flights to more than 200 destinations on Air Canada, and over 1,300 together with 45+ airline partners. You can redeem for an economy flight reward within North America, starting at 6,000 Aeroplan points.
View the full list of cardmember benefits here.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card
The hallmark of this credit card may be the benefits you receive when flying Southwest Airlines®. However, cardmembers can also earn points on purchases at different rates:
- 4x points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines purchases.
- 3x points per $1 spent on Rapid Rewards® hotel and car rental partner purchases.
- 2x points per $1 spent on social media and search engine advertising, internet, cable and phone services.
- 2x points per $1 spent on local transit and commuting, including rideshare services.
View the full list of cardmember benefits here.
UnitedSM Explorer Card
- 2x miles on United purchases, dining, and hotel stays
- 2 United Club one-time passes each year
- Free first checked bag (terms apply) and priority boarding
United ClubSM Infinite Card
- United Club membership·
- 4x miles on United purchases, plus2x miles on all other travel and dining
- Free first and second checked bags (terms apply) and Premier Access®
United QuestSM Card
- $125 annual United purchase credit
- 3x miles on United purchases, plus 2x miles on all other travel and dining
- Free first and second checked bags (terms apply) and priority boarding
View the full list of United cardmember benefits here.
All the cards above offer a statement credit up to a $100 ever four years as reimbursement for the TSA PreCheck application fee or other eligible travel programs. The statement credit benefit is also applicable for a Global Entry or NEXUS application fee. If you have one of these cards, be sure to use it to pay the TSA PreCheck application fee. After it's charged to the card, you'll receive a statement credit on your account.
The travel cards above have other benefits and rewards structures worth reviewing, as well. To help you decide which credit card may be a good fit for your spending habits and travel needs, consider using our Card Comparison Tool.