Splitting the cost of dinner with friends? No cash on hand to cover your part in the office baby shower? These are common situations where Zelle® can help you stay on top of your money. You won’t need cash or a check to send or receive money with someone you know and trust when you’re enrolled. Whether you’re sending a buddy what you owe for takeout or need to pitch in for a friend’s gift, Zelle® makes sending money fast and easy when you need it.
What is Zelle®?
Zelle® works in many instances when you would use cash or a check. It’s a fast and easy way to send and receive money with people you know and trust who have a bank account in the U.S.. More than 1,000 banking apps in the U.S. offer Zelle®, so you can use it in the Chase Mobile® app with friends and family—even if they don’t bank with Chase. With Zelle®, you can send money using your enrolled friend or family member’s contact information. Just sync your contacts with the Chase Mobile® app.
How does Zelle® work?
You can choose from a few easy ways to use Zelle®. Either share your email, U.S. mobile number or your Zelle® QR code to send and receive money with people you know and trust, like friends and family. Your account information stays protected. You won’t see the other person’s bank account info, and they won’t see yours. Regardless of where you bank in the U.S., you are in luck because Zelle® works with many financial institutions across the nation, such as Chase. So, after you enroll on your banking app, Zelle® can help you send and receive money with people you know and trust.
Why should I send money with Zelle®?
- Convenient: More than 1,000 banking apps in the U.S offer Zelle®, so you can use it in our app with friends and family—even if they don’t bank with Chase.
- Secure: There’s no need to share your sensitive bank info with another app. Just add your recipient’s U.S. mobile number or email to send or request money.
- Fast: Receive money directly into your Chase checking account, and instantly access it with no additional fees. No need to use another app to cash out.
Split feature: The Zelle® split feature helps you divide a bill and request the amounts each person owes in instances such as dinner with friends.
Zelle® ready contacts: Sync your contacts in the Chase Mobile® app and look for the purple Z to find your friends and family already enrolled with Zelle® to send money fast.
QR Code: Save time. Skip entering your friend’s contact info and simply scan their QR code or share yours to send money fast, right from the Chase Mobile® app.
How to use Zelle®
When you want to send money to someone you know quickly and without a fuss.
Steps to enroll with Zelle®
- Open the Chase Mobile® app and tap "pay and transfer."
- Click "send money with Zelle®."
- Tap "get started" (terms and conditions to accept).
- Select your account and fill in your email or U.S. mobile number. Click "next."
- Fill in the code sent to your email or phone and click "next."
- Click either "done" or "send or request money."
Sending money with Zelle®
- Open the Chase Mobile® app and click "pay and transfer."
- Tap "Send money with Zelle®."
- Select your trusted recipient or add a new one.
- Key in the amount to send and from which account.
- Setup a recurring payment, if you wish to repeat this payment.
- Click "review and send."
- Review the request information.
- Tap "send it now" to send the money.
Can I cancel a payment after I've sent it?
You can only cancel a payment if the person you sent money to hasn’t yet enrolled with Zelle®. Want to check whether the payment is still pending because the recipient hasn’t yet enrolled? You can go to your Zelle® activity page, choose the payment you want to cancel and choose “cancel payment.”
Of course, send money only to people you know and trust. Also, it helps to double check and make sure you are using the correct email address or U.S. mobile number when sending money.
Can I send money to someone who isn’t enrolled?
Yes. If you send money to a friend who is not yet enrolled, your friend will either receive a text message or email based on the contact information provided when sending your payment. Your payment will prompt the recipient to enroll in Zelle®. A notification will alert your friend that you’ve sent them money and they’ll be guided through a few simple steps to enroll. Once enrolled, they’ll get the money directly into the bank account they enrolled.
Easily send and receive money with Zelle®
Whether your brother actually wants to pay you back for that one time or you need to pay your friend for concert tickets, Zelle® can help. In fact, Zelle® can be found right in the Chase Mobile® app. With Zelle® at hand, you can send and receive money in the moment so there is no need to manage cash.