Ways to pay your mortgage
You can make your mortgage payment for free in many convenient ways
- Set up a payment to be automatically withdrawn each month from your checking/savings account, including accounts held at other banks.
- Pay additional principal to pay down your mortgage faster.
- Change your payment amount or cancel it within three business days of the date it’s scheduled to be made.
- Avoid missing your payment and a possible late fee.
- Have your payment amount automatically adjusted if there’s a change in your escrow or your interest rate (for escrowed and/or adjustable-rate mortgages only).
Signing up for automatic payments
- Schedule a one-time payment from your Chase checking/savings account or accounts held at other banks with Chase OnlineSM Bill Pay and the Chase Mobile® app.
- Allows you flexibility to pay additional principal to pay down your mortgage faster or direct a payment to escrow.
- Enroll or sign in to your account at chase.com, or download our mobile app to your mobile device; text “mobile” to 24273 for the link to download the app.
- Click on “Pay Bills” and select your Mortgage account.
- Receive a confirmation number to verify your payment is made.
More ways to pay
Paying online from other banks
- Visit your bank’s website and follow directions for their online payment program.
- Don’t use this method if you want to make additional principal or escrow payments. The best way to make additional principal or escrow payments is to set up automatic payments or use Bill Pay on chase.com or the Chase Mobile® app.
Note: If your payment amount changes due to an adjustment in your escrow or interest rate (for escrowed and/or adjustable-rate mortgages only), a recurring payment service from other banks won’t automatically update, meaning you could pay too much or too little. You can avoid this by signing up for automatic mortgage payments on chase.com or at your local Chase branch.
Check or money order
- Mail a check/money order with your payment coupon to the address listed on your statement or visit your local Chase branch.
- Send your payment 5-7 business days before it’s due to reach us in ample time.
- Indicate on your coupon if you’re making additional principal or escrow payments.
Note: Paying by check or money order doesn’t provide confirmation that we received your payment until you get your next statement.
Payment by phone
- Call our automated service at 1-800-848-9136.
- Have the routing and transit numbers available from your Chase checking account or an account from another bank that you’re using for the payment.
- Receive a confirmation number once your payment is complete.