Having an issue or problem with a credit card charge?
Here’s a quick way to resolve your concerns:
1. Review the details of the charge
You can review transaction details on your account such as the merchant's name, phone number and your past activity with the merchant.
3. Still not resolved? We'll look into it
Sign in to your Chase account, find the transaction, choose the arrow and follow the instructions to start a dispute. We'll investigate on your behalf.
- Is the charge still pending? For credit card charges, please wait 1-3 business days until they post. Pending debit card charges may be disputed by calling 1-866-564-2262.
- Need more help? Watch our how-to-video for step-by-step instructions on how to submit and track the status of a dispute online.
Charge Errors vs. Fraudulent Charges
A charge error is a transaction you recognize but appears to be incorrect, such as:
- A recurring transaction or trial subscription you canceled
- A product or service you never received or received late
- A one-time purchase you returned or canceled, and you still haven’t received a credit
- A charge higher than the amount on your receipt
- A product or service you received and are dissatisfied with
- Your card was charged even though you used cash or a different card
- The same card was charged more than once for the same transaction
A fraudulent charge is a transaction that wasn't made by you or anyone authorized to use your account. You have confirmed:
- This charge wasn't made by another authorized user on your account
- You haven't let anyone else use your card
- You have reviewed the transaction detail keeping in mind some merchants use a different name or address for billing purposes and still don't recognize it
If your card is lost or stolen, or you think someone used your account without permission, call us immediately at 1-866-564-2262 for debit card customers, 1-800-955-9060 for credit card customers, and 1–888–269–8690 for business credit card customers.