Process for a credit card billing dispute
FOR BUSINESS CARD CUSTOMERS: The online process outlined here applies to consumer cards only. To submit a business card dispute, please call the number on the back of your card or write to us at: Customer Service, P.O. Box 15299, Wilmington, DE 19850-5299.
Important details to know before submitting a billing dispute:
- You'll need to provide the following information:
- Your name and account number
- The dollar amount of the suspected error
- A detailed description of what you believe is wrong
- Why you believe it's a mistake.
- You must submit a dispute within 60 days of the error first appearing on your statement. If you contact us after 60 days, our options may be limited but we'll do our best to assist you.
- You can call us with questions and we'll assist you, but to preserve your billing rights, you'll still need to submit your dispute in writing.
Here's what will happen while we investigate a potential error:
- We cannot try to collect the amount in question or report you as delinquent on that amount.
- The charge in question may remain on your statement and we may continue to charge you interest on that amount. But, if we determine that we made a mistake, you won't have to pay the amount in question or any interest or other fees related to that amount.
- While you don't have to pay the amount in question, you are responsible for the remainder of your balance.
- We can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit.
Sign in to get started. Find the charge you want to dispute and choose the arrow next to the amount to see transaction details, then choose the link to begin.