Setting up your Chase POS
Whatever your businesses size or industry, we offer checking solutions that are built to meet your needs, support your vision, and keep you moving forward.
Activation support topics
Get answers to the questions most frequently asked by business owners just starting out with Chase POS.
Download the Chase Point of Sale App from the Google Store
- Sign in to the Chase POS App
- Open the Main menu in the upper left corner of the screen
- Choose Order supplies to display the Order Supplies screen
- Choose Shop Now
- Choose Mobile Card Reader on our partner POS Portal to place your order
- Adjust the quantity as needed and choose Add to Cart. Follow all prompts to continue the Checkout process.
- Sign on to the Chase POS App by using your primary Chase.com credentials.
- Identification: You'll then be prompted to send a code by phone or email to complete your device’s first sign-in experience.
- Enter your code and password to authenticate the device.
- Merchant Account: Choose the corresponding Merchant Account to associate to your App.
- Time zone: Choose a time zone.
- Assign a name for your device, this will allow you to identify the terminal in your reporting features.
- At this point, the App just needs to wait on a few updates to add the your device to our systems – it could take a couple moments to complete.
- Once the device has been assigned, you'll be prompted to complete a wizard to quickly set up your tip and tax settings. You can skip this if you had already adjusted your settings for this account using a Chase Smart Terminal or a Chase POS App activated on another device or if you want to adjust the settings later.
- Before you begin, charge your card reader, it could take two hours to charge. A solid red light will appear when fully charged.
- To start pairing the reader, turn on your Bluetooth functionality on your device. Turn on the card reader by holding down the power button on the right side until it beeps.
- Sign in to the Chase POS App.
- Open the Main menu in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Choose Connect a card reader.
- On the Card reader screen, choose Pair a card reader.
- Choose the card reader from the Available card readers once it's connected through Bluetooth.
- Tip: If your card reader isn't listed, check your device Bluetooth settings menu to see if the card reader shows up as a paired device. If it is, unpair the card reader in device Bluetooth settings menu. Then return to the Chase POS App and check the available card readers to detect the card reader.
- Verify that the light pattern shown on the App matches the light pattern on the card reader, then choose Confirm. If you need to retry, choose Replay light pattern.
- Once the card reader is successfully paired choose Done. Your card reader is now paired with the App.
It's recommended that you run a test transaction. The first transaction allows the App to complete its configuration This can take slightly longer and ensures everything is set up and ready for your customers.
If you experience any trouble processing this first transaction, please reach out to our support team for further assistance.