Protect your business from cyberthreats
- Educate and train. You and every employee at your company are the easiest way in for hackers. Train your team to recognize suspicious activity before a breach occurs.
- Assess vulnerabilities. Bring in an independent cybersecurity contractor to fully assess your tech environment and identify any security areas you need to address.
- Pay attention to email. Email is one of the most common ways hackers sneak into your systems. Implement spam detection and attachment scanning. But also create and socialize your email policies so that everyone knows what to look out for.
- Review payment procedures. Social engineering scams that target finance and accounting departments are extremely common. Prevent payments from landing in the wrong hands with strong procedures and safety checks.
- Require strong passwords. Your passwords are the gateway to your systems. Strengthen your security with multifactor authentication.
- Plan for worst-case. No one can prevent all possible technology disasters. Be prepared to minimize further damage and quickly recover your systems and data.