Getting paid just got easier with Tap to Pay on iPhone. Whether it’s a queue of customers at the farmers’ market or in your yoga studio, accepting in-person, contactless payments is a simple way to continue to grow your business.
What is Tap to Pay on iPhone?
With Tap to Pay on iPhone, you can accept in-person, contactless payments right on your iPhone. No extra terminals or hardware necessary. It also complements your other point-of-sale devices by giving you a quick way to take payments on the go.
It’s easy to set up, secure and convenient. With just your iPhone, you can accept debit and credit cards, Apple Pay and in-person payments from other digital wallets.
How do I activate Tap to Pay on iPhone?
Tap to Pay on iPhone is built-in to the Chase Mobile® app and is available if you have a Chase Business Complete Banking® account. You’ll also need an iPhone XS model or later with at least iOS 15.5.
- In the Chase Mobile app, select Accept a card payment and follow the prompts.
- Select Tap to Pay on iPhone and follow the prompts to activate the feature.
How can I use Tap to Pay on iPhone?
Transactions can take place over Wi-Fi or through a cellular connection.
- Once you’ve enabled Tap to Pay on iPhone in your Chase Mobile app, you can proceed with checkout as usual by entering the purchase amount or selecting a specific option within the app.
- Present your iPhone to your customer.
- The customer holds their contactless card horizontally at the top of your iPhone, over the contactless symbol, or if paying with a digital wallet, your customer will hold their device near the top of your iPhone.
- When you see the “done” check mark, the transaction is complete.
Is Tap to Pay on iPhone secure?
Tap to Pay on iPhone uses the built-in features of the app to keep your business and customer data private and secure. When a payment is processed, Apple does not store card numbers on the device or on Apple servers to enable secure payments.
Additional fortress-level security is provided by Chase, which follows industry standards and keeps your payments safe.
Why should I use Tap to Pay on iPhone through Chase?
Chase provides integrated payments and banking solutions to help you grow and scale your business in one place. Plus, get fast funding, with as soon as same-day deposits, to better manage cash flow, and powerful analytics like Chase Customer Insights to help you make the best next move for your business.
"Tap to Pay on iPhone has exceeded my expectations. I went into this thinking it would be a cool feature to have, but I feel like it has elevated my customer service in the checkout process."
Chelsea LaFond, Limb by Limb Therapeutics
Get started today
Start enjoying the benefits of Tap to Pay on iPhone, backed by Chase’s integrated payments and banking solutions, as soon as same-day deposits and industry-leading security.