Manage Your Smart Terminal Catalog
Get details on how to add and edit the items you sell in your Smart Terminal.
Catalog support topics
Get answers to the questions most frequently asked by business owners just like you.
Creating your catalog
The catalog is a feature that allows merchants to create and manage the set of items they sell to their customers. At checkout, the merchant can then see these items and add them to a customer’s order.
To manage your catalog:
- Tap the hamburger menu
- Choose Catalog from the navigation menu
Choose Add item
Complete the item details on the Add item form
Name: Add the name of item (product or service) available to be sold
- Each item name will appear on the customer’s printed receipt
Description: Create a description for the item being added
- The description is only visible to a user’s employees and doesn’t appear on the customer’s printed receipt
Unit: Choose the unit of measurements upon which the item will be priced
- As an item is being created, it'll automatically default to a “per each” unit
- The user can change the default unit from the dropdown of previously created units
SKU: Enter the Stock Keeping Unit value for the item
- Users can enter their own SKU
- If a SKU isn't entered, one will be populated automatically when the item is saved
- The user can change the SKU, by navigating back to the created item and choose the field to enter a different SKU
UPC: The Universal Product Code, is a code printed on a manufacturer’s packaging to aid in identifying the item
- Users can enter this optionally
Tax Exempt: Toggle this indicator on/off if the item is exempt from sales tax
To create a new unit, navigate to the catalog menu from the hamburger icon the top left hand corner of Smart Terminal’s keypad and choose Add/edit units
- Users can add units from several options by weight, volume, time, length, and area measurement
From there, users will need to choose the unit they wish to create and then Choose units
- A custom unit can be created by choosing Create custom unit and following the prompts
Yes, there are several time-based units available such as hour, minute, day, week, and month. Once the unit is enabled, you can build your catalog item.
Not at this time. We'll be adding new features like this in the near future.
Users can add discounts to the total basket in terms of percentage and dollar off reductions, item level discounts aren't currently supported.
The SKU allows the catalog item to be uniquely identified at the merchant. You can define this or allow the system to provide one.
More about your catalog
Not at this time. All users have the same level of access meaning they can perform catalog maintenance and add items to orders at checkout.
Not yet. Chase will be releasing a feature to help merchants track inventory soon.
Yes. The items sold will now be listed on a customer’s printed receipt. Line items aren't yet available on emailed or texted receipt.
Only the item’s name will appear on the printed receipt.