Pay off your home equity line of credit account
Pay off your HELOC account
If you’ve paid off your account and have a $0 balance, you can either close your account or you can keep it open for future use (as long as you're within your draw period). In either case, feel free to contact us to make sure you’re familiar with the terms and conditions as you may need to take action to avoid any fees.
Important: Your home equity line of credit is secured by a lien on your property which is on record with your local county recorder’s office. If you intend to pay off your account entirely, your local county clerk’s office typically charges a fee for processing the release of the lien on your property. We don't set this lien release cost, but will include it in your payoff quote.
The basics of paying off your HELOC account
- You can count on us to provide you with a free payoff quote with important information about paying off your HELOC.
- As long as your home equity line of credit remains open, the lien on your property will remain in place.
- If you want to have the lien released you must request a payoff quote and close your account providing us with an authorization to close form when you send your payoff funds.
How to pay off HELOC
Here's what you should do to pay off and close your account:
- Request a payoff quote
- Pay the full balance on your payoff quote
- Complete and send us the authorization to close your account
What to expect once your HELOC is paid
- We’ll send you a letter confirming that your account is paid off within one business day of payoff.
- If we received more than we need to pay off the line of credit, we’ll mail you a check for this amount. You should receive it within 10 days after paying off the account.
- We’ll mail your IRS Form 1098 (Mortgage Interest Statement) in January, if applicable.
- The lien release is sent to the county clerk's office within 30 calendar days of the payoff and the county can take 90 days or greater to record and return the lien release to us.
- You can request a copy of the lien release from your county recorder’s office 90 days after payoff.
- If you're unable to obtain a copy of the lien release, you can request a copy directly from us after it has been recorded.
Important: All items will be mailed to the address on the payoff quote. If your mailing address has changed, please complete and return the address change form included with the payoff quote.
Pay down your balance and keep your HELOC open
If you wish to keep your account open, please include paydown instructions (write “pay down” on check or wire instructions) when sending your funds through any of the channels listed above.
If you have questions, please call us at 1-800-836-5656. We accept operator relay calls.