Build a workplace people want to be part of.
- Lead with purpose. Make decisions that reflect the goals and values of the organization.
- Communicate clearly. Employees deserve to know what's happening and how it affects them. Clarity is a show of leadership and respect.
- Create the work culture that aligns with your purpose. Folks spend a lot of time at work and want to feel that they're part of something bigger.
- Encourage creativity. And be okay with failure when someone takes a creative leap.
- Build in accountability. Expectations are motivating. When you put those expectations in writing, people tend to rise to meet them.
- Offer recognition and rewards. People want to feel seen and that their hard work means something to others.
- Create opportunities for people to grow. This can include professional mentorship, new responsibilities, feedback and training.
- Offer benefits. What do your employees need most? Talk to them and find out what they feel will matter in their lives.
- Be flexible and understanding. Sometimes, being open to remote working or flexible schedules to fit different life situations can give you access to greater talent.