What this course covers
- Historical moments that inspired today's supplier diversity programs
- Key figures and activists who created momentum and fought for change
- How legislation changed and brought about incentives for certifying
- Why supplier diversity programs are a huge opportunity for minority-owned businesses
- Historical timeline
Want to know more about supplier diversity? In this course, you’ll trace the history of the movement from civil rights era protests to the present and find out how it became a key part of America’s entrepreneurial framework. Discover how certain government and private programs reward minority businesses — and how certification could potentially benefit your business.
Designed for business owners who are curious about supplier diversity, this course is a good place to start exploring whether supplier diversity certification is right for you.
- Why supplier diversity programs are a huge opportunity for minority business owners
- Supplier diversity programs
- Minority-owned business
Est. time to complete: 4 min.
- Historical breakdown of the beginnings of supplier diversity and how the movement has grown into what it is today
- Descriptions of key events and important people involved in the supplier diversity movement's evolution
- Descriptions of important pieces of legislation that led to government programs that reward diversity and inclusion in the workplace
Est. time to complete: 10–20 min.
More ways to learn
Return to Courses and tools
Explore more business courses and other resources for entrepreneurs.
Get real-world insights and winning practices from innovators and business leaders.
Investing in Diversity
Discover resources, coaching and banking solutions for minority entrepreneurs.