Automation: Do more with less
Automation allows you to continuously market your products or services without spending a lot of time on each message.
Estimated time: 2m
The most common approach is email automation, but automated messages can be used with texting, chatbots and social media. Automated messages can include:
- Welcomes: Greet new subscribers or followers with a message and something special such as a discount code or a giveaway.
- Reminders: Is there an event or a sale your customers won’t want to miss? Or maybe they’ve scheduled a consultation, and you want to make sure they have the information they need.
- Drip campaigns: Often your customer will take some warming up. The idea of a drip campaign is that you build interest progressively through a series of messages. For example, you might send a welcome message, followed by a helpful guide a week later, then a message in week three requesting an appointment.
- Requests for feedback: Soon after a customer has worked with you or made a purchase, send a brief survey or include links to review sites asking for feedback.
- Recommendations: If you have a CRM system that can track customer data closely, you might send a message with products or services you recommend based on previous purchases.
- Celebratory occasions: If your CRM tracks personal information about your customers, use it to send personalized messages. Birthdays, anniversaries, graduation dates — automated messages can show your customers that you care.
Tip: A CRM system can help you automate custom messages to your customers.