Unincorporated Business Association or Organization
Business Checking Account Opening Information
Unincorporated Business Association or Organization Checklist
Thank you for choosing Chase. We have provided the following important information to help open your new account. We look forward to working with you.
Individuals that need to be present at account opening:
- An authorizing representative — either the Secretary or Acting Secretary must be present.
- If you would like to add an authorized signer to your account, they must also be present.
Information required to open account:
- Personal Identification:
- Two forms of ID are required. One ID must be a Government Issued ID.
- Primary ID Examples:
- U.S. Citizens: State Issued Driver’s License, State Issued ID card, Passport, etc.
- Non-U.S. Citizens:
- Permanent Residents:
- Permanent Resident Alien Card (Green Card), State Issued Drivers licenses, State Issued ID card, Passport, etc.
- Non-Permanent Residents:
- Passport, Matricula, or U.S. Employment Authorization Card
- Permanent Residents:
- Secondary ID Examples:
- Credit Card/Debit Card with embossed name, Employer ID, Utility Bill, etc.
- Tax Identification Number:
- An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is required.
- Business Documentation If Organization or Association is using their own EIN:
- Articles of Association
- Charter document validating existence
- IRS Confirmation of EIN Issuance
- If Organization or Association is using EIN of national or regional organization:
- Letter of Authorization from national or regional office (must include EIN of national or regional office)
- Assumed Name Certificate: May be required if your business is operating under an assumed name.
- Not required in AK, AL, HI, KS, MS, NM, SC, TN, WI, and WY
- Not required for Non-profit Unincorporated Business Association or Organization in CA
- Note: Assumed Name Certificates may also be referred to as: Trade Name Certificate, Fictitious Business Name Statement, or DBA.
The following documentation may also be required:
- Supplemental Documentation: Listing the current officers of the Unincorporated Business Association or Organization:
- Meeting Minutes
Individuals holding key roles in the business association or organization
- Full name as it appears on the customers’ Government issued ID.
- Residential Address
- Additional information is required for a Senior Manager on an Unincorporated Business Organization:
- Date of Birth
- Tax Identification Number (e.g. SSN, ITIN, FTIN)
- Country of Citizenship
Non-U.S. Citizen without a Permanent Resident Alien Card (Green Card) only: provide identification information from either Passport or Matricula Consular Card (i.e., ID number, issuance, expiration date). The physical ID is not required to be shown for those individuals who do not need to be present.
Additional information that will be requested at account opening:
- Business address
- Phone number
- Number of business locations
- Where products and services are sold
- Location of suppliers and vendors
- The nature of your business
- Annual sales
- Number of employees
- Types of transactions and volumes you expect to process through the new account
The following is needed if you would like to provide limited access to authorized employees (non-signers) to transact on behalf of your business using an employee card. Employee does not need to be present.
- Full name as it appears on the employee’s Government issued ID
- Employee’s residential address
- Employee’s date of birth
Your satisfaction is our number one priority. If you have any questions regarding this information or anything regarding your new account, please contact your local Chase Business Specialist. Thank you again for choosing Chase.