Chase Overdraft Services
Link a Chase savings account as a backup to your checking account so we can transfer the exact amount needed to cover an overdraft transaction if the funds are available.
- All transactions, including everyday debit card transactions
What’s NOT covered?
- Any transaction when there is not enough money in your linked Chase savings account - the Standard Overdraft Practice will then apply
What it costs
- There is not a fee for an Overdraft Protection transfer
Are there other fees?
- $5 SAVINGS WITHDRAWAL LIMIT FEE, which is a Chase fee, applies for each withdrawal or transfer out of a Chase savings account over six per monthly statement period. All withdrawals and transfers out of your personal savings account count toward this fee, including those made at a branch or at an ATM. This fee is waived for Chase Premier Savings accounts with a balance of $15,000 or more in the account at the time of withdrawal or transfer out.
- FEDERAL REGULATIONS also limit you to six savings account withdrawals or transfers per monthly statement period. However, this limit does not apply to withdrawals or transfers made in person at a branch or at an ATM. If you exceed the federal limits on withdrawals, we will notify you and may convert your savings account to a Chase Total Checking account.
To learn more about fees when there’s not enough money in your linked Overdraft Protection backup account, please read How your transactions will work for personal checking accounts (PDF).