MILITARY SURVIVOR PROGRAM
YOUR COMMITMENT IS TO OUR COUNTRY. OUR COMMITMENT IS TO YOU.
As part of our commitment to our nation’s servicemembers, their families and beneficiaries, we have established the Military Survivor Program.
The goal of the program is to help surviving family members and beneficiaries by canceling the debt of military customers who have been killed in combat action or died in a combat theater of operations since January 1, 2011.
If a servicemember was liable for debt, the balances may be canceled for most existing Chase mortgages, auto loans, credit cards, student loans and other consumer or business debt.
Debt cancellation may be available for these products:
- This may be applied to existing balances of all residential properties at the time of application to the program.
- The property must be a one-to-four unit residential property or manufactured housing.
- Survivors may be eligible to have the existing auto loan balance canceled and may be able to keep the vehicle.
- In the case of an auto lease, survivors may apply to assume the lease and retain the vehicle, or they may return the vehicle without being subject to fees or penalties.
- This may be applied to any Chase credit card.
- Jointly liable surviving spouse can request to automatically change liability and retain card privileges.
- This may be applied on any Chase private student loan.
- Overdrawn or charged off balances may be canceled.
- Survivors may be eligible to have at least some of the existing business loan or line of credit balance canceled.
- Servicemember’s business debt may be canceled in proportion to their ownership interest in the business.
For specific criteria and eligibility requirements, call Chase Military Services:
- Overseas: 1-318-340-3308 (collect)
- TTY: 1-800-582-0542