|How it works||Facts to note|
Equal Payment No Interest Promotions
No Payment, Waived Interest or No Payment, No Interest Promotions (both discontinued)
We hold your financed purchase amount outside of your main balance. The purchase amount will reduce the amount of credit you have available.
If you are on an Equal Payments No Interest plan, your purchase will be divided into equal payments that you will need to pay on a monthly basis.
Where can I see it? The total amount you owe is listed in the Optional Financing Program Summary. When payments are due on the transaction, they will be included in the Account Activity section of your statement and will be included in your New Balance.
What are the benefits:
- We don't charge interest on your financed purchase balance until the promotional end date as long as you fulfill the terms of the offer.
- You can make other purchases and pay them off without paying down your promotional plan balance.
Example: You buy a $1,200 TV.
On an Equal Payments, No Interest Program:
- You buy the TV on a 12-month equal payment plan.
- Every month for 12 months you will need to pay a $100 installment. This will appear on your statement as a purchase in the Account Activity section.
On a No Payment, Waived Interest (or No Payment, No Interest) Program (Discontinued since October 31 2011):
- Until the promotional end date, the $1,200 you owe is not part of the New Balance. It will reduce your Credit Available.
- After the promotional end date, the $1,200 you owe is listed on your account as a purchase in the Account Activity section and will be included in your New Balance.
How can I pay my purchase off in full?
Please call us at the number on the back of your Card to discuss your options.
What if I pay more than my monthly installment?
If you pay more than the requested monthly installment, the remaining funds will NOT reduce the remaining unpaid balance of your promotional plan financed purchase. This is because your promotional balance is not a part of your ongoing balance.
How is my over-payment applied?
- If you have no other transactions, excess payment amounts will appear as a credit on your account.
- If you have other transactions, the excess payment amount will be divided amongst the transactions. See FAQ #7 for details on how payments are divided.
How do I avoid paying interest on my promotional plan purchase?
- We will not charge interest as long as you pay your new balance in full each month.
- Taxes and administration fees (if applicable) are charged to your regular balance at time of purchase and are not included in the promotional offer, unless otherwise specified.
- If you only pay the monthly installment for your promotional plan financed purchase but you have other transactions on your account, you will be charged interest on the remaining balance.
|How it works||Facts to note|
|Same as Cash Promotions (including Same as Cash, Same as Cash with Minimum Pay, Low Interest Program or No Interest with Minimum Pay)||
Your financed purchase amount is part of the New Balance total.
Where can I see it?
The month that you make the purchase, it is treated as a new transaction and listed in the Account Activity section and will be included in your New Balance.
After that first month, you can see the amount in the Optional Financing Programs Summary and Interest Charge Schedule sections.
Your Same as Cash balance may receive a low interest rate or no interest for a set length of time. Example: You buy a $1,200 TV.
Same as Cash, Same as Cash with Minimum Pay or No Interest with Minimum Pay
- Your monthly minimum payment is $12.
- This is 1% of the financed amount (which is greater than $10).
What if I want to pay my balance off in full?
If you wish to pay for your purchase in full, you need to pay your entire New Balance (including any billed purchases or other transactions).
What if I pay more than my minimum payment?
If you pay more than your minimum payment it will be divided among the transactions, if any, on your current statement, including any Same as Cash promotions. If there are no other transactions, it will appear as a credit on your account.
Taxes and administration fees (if applicable) are charged to your regular balance at time of purchase and are not included in the promotional offer, unless otherwise specified.