Investing With Your HSA
Investing With Your
Health Savings Account
The Health Savings Account (HSA) Investment Service is one of the most important features of the Chase HSA. Once your HSA account balance reaches the required minimum amount (typically $2,000), you can apply for an HSA Investment Account online via the HSA website.
Your initial transfer from your Cash Account to the HSA Investment Account will be deposited into the JPMorgan Prime Money Market Fund. From then on, you can choose to transfer funds into any of the other mutual funds available. In addition, you have the option to set up Automatic Investing – regularly scheduled transfers from your HSA Cash Account to your HSA Investment Account.
When you save and invest through a Chase HSA:
- Your money can grow tax-free.
- You can transfer money between your HSA Cash and HSA Investment Account at any time, either as needed or with the Automatic Investing feature to make transfers based on balance or schedule.
- There are no fees for online trading in the HSA Investment Account.Footnote (Opens Overlay)
- Choose from a selection of mutual funds that has been designed to satisfy varied investment objectives and investment time horizons.
- All mutual funds are available at net asset value with no front- or back-end load or investment minimums.
- You can set elections so that all future investments follow the asset allocation plan that meets your personal investment objectives.
Access on the Web
You can access your account via the secure Chase HSA website any time or call us to speak to a dedicated registered representative.
On the HSA member website you can:
- Buy, sell, or exchange mutual funds
- Set elections that will direct future investments to the mutual fund(s) of your choice
- Review your mutual fund balances by fund type
- See your trading history
Transfers to Your Cash Account
If you need to pay for medical expenses with your HSA Cash Account but are short on funds, you can redeem funds from your HSA Investment Account and conduct a transfer back to your Cash Account. Transfer requests that are received and accepted before 3:30 PM Eastern time will be posted to your account the next business day.