Community Development Real
Chase has a strong history of financing affordable housing and commercial developments with both for-profit and not-for-profit sponsors. Through our Community Development Banking group, we have committed $9.1 billion to support financing for the construction or rehabilitation of affordable housing, special-needs facilities and commercial real estate development projects.
Each project is underwritten and managed by a dedicated Commercial Banker, with individualized attention provided by other Chase team members who are knowledgeable about the unique needs of Community Development Real Estate.
Chase has financed more than 70,000 units of housing for both renters and homeowners, one of the largest commitments by a financial institution.
Chase specializes in the following types of community development projects:
- Multifamily rental housing: Construction, interim and permanent financing for rehabilitation and new construction of multifamily affordable rental housing
- Commercial real estate: Commercial developments that provide neighborhood services and meet community needs
Chase offers financing products for projects of any size and complexity, including:
- Construction financing: Construction, bridge and permanent financing for development of affordable rental properties using low-income-housing tax credits
- Tax credit projects: Construction financing and bridge financing for development of affordable rental housing using low-income-housing tax credits
- Credit enhancements: Letters of credit and other products to support bond financing and/or other third-party transactions
- New Markets Tax Credit financing: Loans at below-market interest rates and equity-like financing for eligible projects, with a focus on commercial and nonprofit projects
To learn more about Community Development Banking,
please contact us or call your Commercial Banker.