What are cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can recognize you when you return, as well as remember certain information about you, which can include pages you visited, choices you made from menus, any specific information you entered into forms and the time and date of your visit.
Types of Cookies
There are two main types of cookies:
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that expire at the end of a browser session, that is, when you leave the site. Session cookies allow the website to recognize you as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use the website most efficiently. For example, session cookies enable a website to remember that a user placed items in an online shopping basket.
- Persistent cookies: In contrast to session cookies, persistent cookies are stored on your equipment between browser sessions until they expire or you delete them. They therefore enable the website to "recognize" you when you return, remember your preferences and tailor services to you.
In addition to session cookies and persistent cookies, the website you've chosen to visit, such as this website, may set other cookies to provide us or third parties with information.
We currently use, and may use in the future, the following types of cookies on this website.
We use session cookies to:
- Help us maintain security and verify your details while you use the website. As you navigate from page to page, you won't have to reenter your details each time you enter a new page.
We use persistent cookies to:
- Help us recognize you as a unique user when you return to our website. You won't have to enter your details multiple times as you move between our pages or services.
- Remember how you've customized how you use this site, such as your preferred currency and time zone.
- Collect and compile anonymous, aggregated information for statistical and evaluation purposes to help us understand how users use our website and help us improve its structure.
As with first-party cookies, you can block third-party cookies through your browser settings.
Some of our cookies may collect and store your personal information, such as your name or email address. We respect and protect your privacy, and we keep and treat any personal information we collect in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
Refusing Cookies on this Site