Here's what you'll need to refinance your car loan. Footnote (Opens Overlay) Having this information ready will help make the refinancing process easier and faster.
During the loan application process, you’ll be asked to provide information about you and your vehicle:
Information about you and your current auto loan:
- Social Security number
- Current address and previous address, if you’ve been at your current residence less than two years
- Name of current employer and previous employer, if you’ve been at your current job less than two years
- Co-applicant information, if applicable
- Name of the lending institution to which you are currently making your car payments
- Account number for your current loan
- You may also need your paystubs or W2s to verify income
Information about your vehicle:
- Vehicle make, model and year (vehicle should not be five years older than the current model year)
- Vehicle mileage (vehicle should have fewer than 75,000 miles)
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Any vehicle features and special options
- Loan balance
Information about loan closing
- You'll need to complete your loan by signing your loan documents. You can do this either at a Chase branch or by U.S. mail. We'll contact you to see which method you prefer, and answer any questions you may have about the loan closing process. If you've selected automatic payments to be deducted from a Chase checking account to pay your car loan, you'll need to provide your checking account and routing numbers at this time.
- You'll be responsible for any additional funds that may be required to release the lien. Any person being removed from the title must sign the documents at closing.