Here's what you'll need to refinance your car loan. Having these documents ready will help make the refinancing process easier and faster.
During the loan process, you'll be asked to provide the following information about your car and your current car loan:
- Vehicle make, model and year–vehicle must not be 5 years older than the current model year
- Vehicle mileage–must be under 75,000 miles
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Any vehicle features and special options
- Copy of vehicle registration
- Car insurance information
- The lien holder's name (this is the bank or lender to which you are currently making payments)
- The account number for your current car loan
Note: You will be responsible for any additional funds that may be required to release the lien. Any person being removed from the title must sign the documents at closing.
If you select automatic payments to be deducted from a Chase checking account to pay your car loan, we will request your checking account and check routing numbers.
A Power of Attorney (POA) is required and will be notarized at closing. (Chase branches typically provide a notary public at no cost to you.)
At your convenience, we will schedule a date and time for you to sign your loan documents at a Chase branch. Or, you can have the documents sent directly to you.